Monday, March 31, 2014

Three Things

I have three wishes for each of my children. That they will live a long, happy, and healthy life.

Just three little things.  That's not too much to ask, right?

I guess it might seem small when I phrase it as just three things, but in my heart I know I am wishing for so much more.  And, also I know I'm not really wishing. I'm fervently praying.

These three hopes for my children are completely intertwined with one another. I want them to live a long life, yet I want it to be healthy.  I don't want them to lead a long, miserable life. I don't want them to have a short, happy life. These three things are a package deal. And I'm afraid to say that I have a rather demanding attitude towards God, that he had better deliver on my tall order.

Praying to Him, that "His will be done" is surely the hardest part of my life as a human. So I struggle with this, as I'm sure every parent does.

As I pray that our Heavenly Father will take care of my children according to His will (not mine), my next breath must be  "help me trust you...help me trust you...help me trust you."  I know that God is smarter than me, sees our futures, knows our needs, loves beyond measure, never tires, and PROMISES to take care of us.

Lord, my prayer today is that you will take care of my children. You know what is in my heart, and exactly how I want you to bless us! It is my prayer that you would grant me that blessing!  But if you have other plans for us, and my children, please help me be able to accept your blessings in the ways you bestow them. Help me trust in your wisdom and lean on your strength. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment