Tuesday, February 11, 2014

On Parental Yelling and Residual Guilt...

I would love to say that I am not a yeller.

I also wish I could say that I have never told a lie.

I would love to be one of those moms who literally oozes patience, who demands obedience with her mere presence, who can give one look to her children and they comply.

I would like to stop believing the myth that this type of mother actually exists.

I would enjoy never feeling my anger rise so very quickly, so suddenly, so inexplicably.

I wish I could always look at those angelic faces with complete calm and reverent love.

I have a dream world, where my offspring obey the first time I ask them to do something.

I break down in my resolution to remain calm, I raise my voice once, twice, louder still until the third and fourth time I have repeated a direction onto a little body…only then do I see a reaction from that little angel.

I have residual guilt.

I don't want to be a teacher who conveys that yelling is a reasonable form of communication.

I don't want my children to remember specific times when I let my anger get the best of me.

I want to be a mother who shows Jesus' patience.

I need to be a mother who accepts help from her Savior.

I am thankful for the blessings of my beautiful children.

I am in loving awe of these three little blessings, right now, as they are off at school.

I pray for them constantly.

I don't think it is possible for me to ever receive a bigger blessing from my Lord than my children.





No comments:

Post a Comment