Monday, February 10, 2014

Prodigal Daughter

Every day I forget about you.  But every day you take me back.

When I come to you, and let down the walls that hold you at bay, I can feel your spirit living in me.  It is a feeling of completeness, of wholeness, of contentment. Yet still I let the walls slide back into place, and so easily do I wander away.

You don't leave me.  Even when I go hours, days without thinking about you.  You are there, waiting for me.

I'm like a child, who cannot get things right.  The wrong that I do is staggering when I let myself absorb it all. I make choices that I know are not pleasing to you, that do not honor you.  Yet I make them anyway, time and again.  Unlike a child, I am not innocent.  I do not deserve such an amazing love from such a perfect Savior.

Yet I come back to you.  Sorry.  Begging forgiveness and love. And you give it all to me.  Every drop that I need…you pour it over me, so that it covers every inch of this unworthy prodigal daughter.

I know you will love me forever, in spite of my unworthiness.  I can hide nothing from you, no secrets can be kept, no sin withheld from your sight.

You have promised me that your love is greater than my unworthiness.



Romans 8:38-39
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment